Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I have been enjoying a bit of an extended break from sewing, but I thought I’d take a moment to update the blog! Christmas and New Year was good fun here in Wick, and we all felt very festive as we had tons of snow and it was VERY cold! Had great fun sledging with our friends and family and the village looked magical on Christmas Day. We had the dubious pleasure of being able to say we were the coldest spot in England at -20 degrees! There were burst pipes, floods and leaks everywhere, but they largely seem to have been sorted out with minimum fuss and now we are left feeling far too warm – we acclimatised to the freezing temperatures and 11 degrees feels tropical!

I have assembled some photos to illustrate my Christmas...!


With Andy on Christmas morning in my new hat, and sledging on Boxing Day.
Wick on Christmas day - just magical !
New Year's Eve was spent with friends, and I transformed into an old man for Dan's 30th birthday party.


And now we are off skiing tomorrow – I can’t wait!

Normal service will be resumed from Jan 24th, I promise.

Sally x


No comments:

Post a Comment