Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hello!

I apologise for my extended absence from the blog. It’s largely been due to having better things to do!
I have been away on holiday to Italy and North Devon, and I have updated and redesigned the website, and of course, I have been beavering away at my sewing machine.

Here is a little photo montage of the last month or so...

Stella, Jim and Dad at Great Comberton Flower Show.
My Embroidered Pictures for sale in a gift shop in Pershore.

In September I had two fantastic weeks in Italy with Andy and our friends Cheryl and Warren.
We began in Cattolica (top left) and saw the Moto GP at Rimini. We saw Tomizawa, one of Andy's favourite riders, killed in a horrible crash, right in front of us. Tomizawa had been so good to watch this year. The photo is from the pit lane walk in Barcelona. We will never forget him, and I don't think i will ever see a race in quite the same way again.
We made our pilgrimage to Rossi's home town of Tavullia - check out the great t-shirt one of his fan club was wearing.
And we got a photo with Jerry Burgess too! The bus stop was right outside their hotel!
We then travelled down to the Amalfi Coast. It was beautiful - just like everyone says! But Amalfi was a bit of a dive, and Positano was a bit too posh. We stayed in a perfect little village between the two. Lucky! We did a lot of amazing walks, thank you Warren, and dodged the rain storms. We also visited Vesuvius which was under a cloud, and Pompeii.

This weekend we have been in Croyde, on our what will become, our second annual Sun Holiday. (We always go to Polperro in the spring.) It was great surfing weather!
I promise i'll keep up to date now!
Sally x

No comments:

Post a Comment